The Washington Post

www.washingtonpost.com

Great brand, but that was about it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat brand. On site gym if you like to work out. Great on boarding process.

ConsWork/life depends on department management. Some departments slow to change and adapt. Very pen and paper- slow to embrace new technologies to support business processes. Little comraderie within department. Little cross training within department and knowledge sharing. Most people only knew how to do their job and would be unable to backfill other colleagues in department. Just come to work, do your work and go home.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome people are better senior individual contributors than managers. Hold people accountable not just on deliverables, but how well they manage others. Turnover can be high some areas. Glad that Bezos took over. Perhaps he can infuse some new thinking into organization about future of newspaper publishing.

Salary

Manager, IT (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at The Washington Post full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Company cares for its employees Cons: Just bought out by Amazon. Future unknown More

Company is in transition.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at The Washington Post full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people, great benefits. Company has a great work-life balance, family… Cons: Company is downsizing and in transition. Not very likely to get a raise or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Washington Post.

Worked for The Washington Post? Contribute to the Community!