The Washington Post

www.washingtonpost.com

The Washington Post is a vibrant organization open to change.

Assignment Editor (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSenior management is open to new ideas and willing to allow employees to experiment and try new ideas. The prestige and history of the Post is hard to replace.

ConsI wish there was more diversity in upper management and those identified as "star" reporters, but the organization is aware of those issues and is attempting to address is.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't fall victim to the star system.

Great brand, but that was about it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The Washington Post

Pros: Great brand. On site gym if you like to… Cons: Work/life depends on department management. Some departments slow to change and adapt. Very pen and paper- slow to embrace new technologies to support… Advice to Senior Management: Some people are better senior individual contributors than managers. Hold people accountable not just on deliverables, but how well they manage others. Turnover… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Salary

Manager, IT (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at The Washington Post full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Company cares for its employees Cons: Just bought out by Amazon. Future unknown More
There are newer reviews on The Washington Post.

Worked for The Washington Post? Contribute to the Community!