There are newer employer reviews for The Works Museum

Best summer job I've ever had.

Former Employee - Hostess/Bar in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Hostess/Bar in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros

-Best bosses I've ever had. Always made sure you knew what you were doing. -Constant updates on your performance, always constructive and in a friendly way -Amazing co-workers -Discounts are great

Cons

-Weekend nights can be hectic and tiring, but that's the restaurants business. - usually good team work, every now and then scheduled with an unproductive person

Advice to Management

Loved the management at the location I worked at, so much great advice and never let me feel unsure of what I was doing. Always available for questions or to help.

Other Employee Reviews for The Works Museum

1. Graphic Design and Photography Intern

Former Intern - Graphic Design and Photography in Bloomington, MN
    Former Intern - Graphic Design and Photography in Bloomington, MN

I worked at The Works Museum as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and welcoming staff eager to answer any questions you may have. Fun day camps, kids are excited to be there. Light-hearted atmosphere.

Cons

I do not have many cons. It was a fun place to work as an intern for a summer. Not a very big budget to spend on graphic design/marketing since it is a nonprofit.

Advice to Management

I was not there long enough to have advice to the management. It seemed a little chaotic at times - maybe a bit more organization would help!

2. Ups and Downs

Pros

Enjoyable work providing an excellent service to the community. The hours go by fast because you are busy and doing enjoyable work with fun people. Working with kids, teachers, and general public makes every day different.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement; upper management is sheltered and doesn't know what is going on; lots of schedule and plan changes.

Advice to Management

Consider honestly listening to the teachers. There seems to be a lot of "us vs them" going on.