The World Bank
www.worldbank.org Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Still a huge bureaucracy

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at The World Bank as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsWorking at the WB is like studying in a world-class university. There are always interesting subjects and amazing people that you can learn from. Also a place to get exposed to all frontier topics in development.

ConsThings are moving very slow. Various departments are jeopardizing the functioning of each other. Many higher level management are old school and follow the bureaucratic way of thinking and doing things.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously think about how to touch down to the bottom of the pyramid and generate development impact to the beneficiaries.

Short Term Consultant, various departments

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The World Bank as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Interesting work, great pay, flexibility of working hours Cons: No benefits as STC, the enormous waste in the institution… Advice to Senior Management: better overview of available positions, job advancement Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great exposure

Program Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at The World Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros: Make contacts all over the world Great benefits Good-looking employees with sexy… Cons: Extremely heirarchical structure Difficult to get buy-in on interesting projects. Advice to Senior Management: Give junior staff more opportunities to prove themselves Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The World Bank.

Worked for The World Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The World Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The World Bank CEO Jim Yong Kim. All reviews posted anonymously by The World Bank employees.