The Zappos Family

jobs.zappos.com
  jobs.zappos.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Zappos Family

Met a lot of good friends. Was underpaid and had to deal with a lot of ridiculous politics.

I have been working at The Zappos Family full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. Casual atmosphere. Free coffee. All the stuff you get at most good companies these days.

Cons

Low pay even for seniors positions. Change in title and responsibility does not equal increase in pay. Some sr. managers and directors have no idea what they are doing (others are good). I personally left because I was teaching my boss more than he was teaching me.

Pay your people what they are worth and get rid of unnecessary layers that just create bureaucracy. And remember, good culture is created by good people.

177 Other Employee Reviews for The Zappos Family (View Most Recent)

Delivering happiness, not to employees.

I worked at The Zappos Family

Pros

None unless you thing working in a sweat shop is good

Cons

If you don't know what your doing go work for Zappos. They have so many employees that have no idea how to do their job. It amazing that they can turn a profit. Upper management doesn't communicate to the employees. Zappos uses their culture as an excuse to hire or fire for not being a culture fit. Working there is like walking on egg shells, always thinking if you say and do something will it be viewed as anti-culture and will you be fired for that. If anything I'd say it's more like a cult than a family.

Being open and honest is one thing, but not having answers about the future direction of the company is another.

zappos not so great

Former Employee - Returns Proccesor in Shepherdsville, KY
    Former Employee - Returns Proccesor in Shepherdsville, KY

I worked at The Zappos Family full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really liked that I went to work and had something to do the whole day. It made the 10-12 hr days pass quickly. The free lunch and snack machines were nice too.

Cons

The cons were that the managers played favorites and those people mostly played around while the work load was sometimes doubled on some of us. I was 6 months pregnant and my manager told me that I had to do some very heavy lifting and that he didn't care that I was pregnant. That and members of the HR department was married to different department managers and that created unfair advantages. Of course they were in lead positions when they're spouses were in control of who got the promotions.

You should look into the HR department and the relationships that they have.

There are newer employer reviews for The Zappos Family