Innovative and fun place to work with lots of potential

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at TheLadders

Pros

Sure, the snack and game rooms are perks but there are so many other pros to working at TheLadders.com. The environment is great- spacious, bright, clean and the people are intelligent, warm and friendly. This is a place that you can certainly feel like you are on team. The company does a fantastic job in educating everyone where management wants to take the company, what initiatives we are taking, challenges that we face as well as what we are doing to correct it and how to be further progressive in our culture and products. Compensation is more than fair and any time that I have ever requested off has been approved. The customer service model which TheLadders uses is top notch and there is tremendous growth potential with some of the products that are being released.

Cons

Although one has much to learn as a professional at TheLadders, the opportunity to advance from within can be somewhat limited due to career progression structures.

Re-vamp career progression opportunities <-- this is already in the works...

Other Reviews for TheLadders

Laid back place to work but don't look for a career.

Former Employee - Job Search Advisor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Job Search Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at TheLadders

Pros

Best Reasons include well stock fridge and snacks. You can wear whatever you'd like to work to a certain extent. Clock in at 9 clock out at 6. No overtime. Banging Holiday Party. Good benefits.

Cons

Not really a place where you can grow. You can be one of the most intelligent people but the company will never recognize that. People rewarded based on how long they have been at the company not on individual skill or merit. Mangers follow under this same guideline and don't posses the skills any experienced manager would. You hear more from gossip about the company then managers presenting you with information of what is going on.

Communication. Give your employees something to work towards.

True decline in last few years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at TheLadders

Pros

The people are great
    Fun perks
    The hours were, at least in recent years - not so much a few years ago - regular

Cons

There seems to be two companies - staff & manager-level, and then VP & above. There is a huge gap between the two. Seems like the Senior Management team lies to the staff & managers, and instills a feeling of distrust. Also, seems like the VERY top-level (CEO...), is an over-micromanager who hires great people at the V- and C-level and then drives them to quit in 4-6 months. That's bad news man. Seems like senior management in presenting the "company vitals" to the masses each quarter takes information out of context and presents numbers that are not statistically significant and presents them as evidence on just how rosy everything is.... and then lays off a third of the company... every other year. For reference I was not let go in either of those layoffs so I'm not just a disgruntled recently-axed ex-employee.

Really, the company seems a sinking ship that's moving towards functioning on life-support only with a skeleton staff and external contractors for its long-term sustainability.

Keep on hiring the great people you've hired, but, especially at the highest levels, step back and let them do the jobs that they're A) more qualified than you to do, and B) you hired them to do.

There are newer employer reviews for TheLadders.

Worked for TheLadders? Contribute to the Community!