TheLadders

Great company, poor product

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at TheLadders

Pros

Great benefits, great people, free food, unlimited vacation

Cons

Product doesnt work, the database of active subscribers is misrepresented to potential clients, impossible to get people to renew business after product fails - your classic "one and done", keep changing their business model, sales management have no strategy, no direction and no answers

make your flagship product better instead of offering different prodicts to drive revenue

91 Other Employee Reviews for TheLadders (View Most Recent)

Amazing People, Overall Great Place to Work. Needs Better Communication

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TheLadders

Pros

Great Co-workers
    Casual Environment
    Challenging but well-defined goals
    VP-Level leadership that really knows their stuff
    Great perks - game room, unlimited vacation, etc.

Cons

Communication from the top down could be more regular and more timely in its delivery. Sometimes messaging about what's going on in the company is too little, too late.

Three words: transparency, transparency, transparency. The staff levels through Director and even VP communicate really well, but there seems to be a disconnect at times between the executive team and the line leadership. Opening up those lines of communication would go a long way toward making a great place to work even better.

Innovative and fun place to work with lots of potential

Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at TheLadders

Pros

Sure, the snack and game rooms are perks but there are so many other pros to working at TheLadders.com. The environment is great- spacious, bright, clean and the people are intelligent, warm and friendly. This is a place that you can certainly feel like you are on team. The company does a fantastic job in educating everyone where management wants to take the company, what initiatives we are taking, challenges that we face as well as what we are doing to correct it and how to be further progressive in our culture and products. Compensation is more than fair and any time that I have ever requested off has been approved. The customer service model which TheLadders uses is top notch and there is tremendous growth potential with some of the products that are being released.

Cons

Although one has much to learn as a professional at TheLadders, the opportunity to advance from within can be somewhat limited due to career progression structures.

Re-vamp career progression opportunities <-- this is already in the works...

There are newer employer reviews for TheLadders