TheLadders

www.theladders.com

True decline in last few years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are great
Fun perks
The hours were, at least in recent years - not so much a few years ago - regular

ConsThere seems to be two companies - staff & manager-level, and then VP & above. There is a huge gap between the two. Seems like the Senior Management team lies to the staff & managers, and instills a feeling of distrust. Also, seems like the VERY top-level (CEO...), is an over-micromanager who hires great people at the V- and C-level and then drives them to quit in 4-6 months. That's bad news man. Seems like senior management in presenting the "company vitals" to the masses each quarter takes information out of context and presents numbers that are not statistically significant and presents them as evidence on just how rosy everything is.... and then lays off a third of the company... every other year. For reference I was not let go in either of those layoffs so I'm not just a disgruntled recently-axed ex-employee.

Really, the company seems a sinking ship that's moving towards functioning on life-support only with a skeleton staff and external contractors for its long-term sustainability.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on hiring the great people you've hired, but, especially at the highest levels, step back and let them do the jobs that they're A) more qualified than you to do, and B) you hired them to do.

Nice perks

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at TheLadders

Pros: Flexible schedule, stocked kitchen, convenient work location, company functions are… Cons: Poor communication, incompetent managers, too much red tape and bureaucracy,… Advice to Senior Management: Focus less on recruiting and more on retention. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at TheLadders

Pros: Stocked kitchen, start up environment, the people Cons: Stressful during the end of the quarter. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TheLadders.

Worked for TheLadders? Contribute to the Community!