There are newer employer reviews for TheraCom

Ok place to start, but not to grow

Current Employee - Manager  in  Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at TheraCom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A good learning experience, opportunity to learn and polish work experience skills that are useful. Great place if you are in the beginning of your career. No shortage of work once you are a full time employee. If you eager to grow and have a good attitude and work ethic, there is some room for advancement. Even if you don’t get promoted, if you are proactive and ask for more exposure to other tasks, there is opportunity to learn new experiences that may help you find another job.

Cons

I have witness first hand experience of qualified candidates being passed for promotions because they are “too important in there role” or “hard to replace” to be promoted. I have seen people with less experience at lower pay grades get promoted over more qualified, experienced, and educated employees. Much has to due with politics. It is not what you know, rather who you know that gets you promoted.

Uneducated and unethical management. Some managers do not have college degrees or understand the basic management terminology. Management fails to use proper techniques to lead and motivate people. Leadership workshops have been provided to us Managers, however many fail to implement these new techniques and are uncomfortable with trying new things.

10 Other Employee Reviews for TheraCom (View Most Recent)

Desperate people only need apply

Former Employee - Patient Support Program (Call Center)  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Patient Support Program (Call Center) in Rockville, MD

I worked at TheraCom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and benefits (but not worth the aggrevation)

Cons

HR and mgt. malicious and very unprofessional, treat employees like they are stupid or in kindergarten. I actually reported a coworker who was not doing his job but came off very 'smooth'ly, nothing hapened to him (minority) but I was fired for not doing what my manager wanted, which was unethical. Horrible policies, like attendance - no partial days (cannot take an hour for doctor's appointment), reprimanded for being late from lunch once - and I was salaried and regularly worked late!

Get rid of your threatening HR and managers; prompte based on qualifications, NOT looks or likes.

Do yourself a favor and keep looking

Former Employee - Program Representative I  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Program Representative I in Rockville, MD

I worked at TheraCom full-time

Pros

Good benefits, did not have to work weekends

Cons

Very unprofessional management. The pay is hardly enough to afford a studio in Rockville. Absolutely no support from co-workers. Very little opportunity for advancement.

Pay closer attention to what lower management is doing.

There are newer employer reviews for TheraCom

Worked for TheraCom? Contribute to the Community!