There are newer employer reviews for Theranos

So much potential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Theranos full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive compensation. Good health/vision/dental/401K options (and more) for you and your family, plus life insurance provided by the company at no charge. Free meals served 3x per week, 7 days a week. Unlimited snack bars all the time and always very stocked. Can call security if you want take-out in the middle of the night. Fast-paced, highly productive, upbeat attitude throughout. Very personal because it's a startup. Can see the company growing each week, which is highly encouraging.

Cons

Hours can be long, but that's the story with any lab position. It goes by so quickly, I hardly ever notice. It's still a startup, which means there can be lack of organization. However, there are so many bright minds that the issue is noticed and resolved as quickly as it came up. It's exciting to watch things fall into place and be a part of the company solidifying.

None that I can think of. I'm very excited about the future of this company. It is headed in a good directions because upper management has such good motives.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Theranos (View Most Recent)

Unorganized

I worked at Theranos full-time

Pros

Good pay, great coworkers on the bench

Cons

Not very organized, not a lot of feedback from management (they are all over the place), poor communication across the board.

Communicate with your employees more, hire more qualified candidates to help meet hard deadlines.

Very poor unprofessional managemrnt

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Theranos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not a lot to really say other than a pay check. Mu co workers are great, but here only because they need their job.

Cons

No priorities. No decisions. No clear communication of where we are going. HR department is a mess. No support to hire open requisitions / resources.

BOD needs to replace all founders and executive management!

There are newer employer reviews for Theranos