Thermo Fisher Scientific

careersat.thermofisher.com
  careersat.thermofisher.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

My skills have improved, but you will not be compensated fairly based on your work ethic.

Current Employee - Quality Control Technician I in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Quality Control Technician I in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

There's job stability as this company if you do your job and you're not stupid and you don't mess up. Management does treat employees with respect, which is a plus, but they just aren't involved with the work being done on the floor... and they get compensated well! It's ludicrous. Bottom employees work well, only a small margin though. Most are idiots.

Cons

Management often doesn't communicate well with the employees that are doing the real work and can make the important decisions; poor department communication; lazy employees that do not suffer any repercussions from management because management isn't involved; poor salaries.

Better communication and involvement is needed on management's part. Often it seems the lowest paid employees do the most work and are the most competent. Managers get to high levels purely based off of time spent with the company, not the ability to improve the company, generate revenue, build customers, or use cost-cutting methods. Extremely poor communication and a lack of involvement, absolutely no hands-on work done by the managers. Even poor e-mailing response I've experienced.

563 Other Employee Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific (View Most Recent)

A great place to work. Small site though that confines promotional opportunities

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

Flexible schedule.
    Good training
    Great People

Cons

Minimal opportunities that can stall career advancement

There has been work put forth to show what needs to be done to advance one's career, now there needs to be more follow up from management to show where an individual is regarding their promotional status.

great people, no leadership

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

Great minds to work with in R/D. A chance to work on new projects every day. Friendly atmosphere with colleagues.

Cons

Leadership is poor. Lack of vision. High level positions given and held to incompetent individuals. pay is at the lowere end of industry averages.

Promote from within. Lead by example. Listen to your engineers. Accountability at all levels. Don't rely on MBA's outside our industry!

There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific