There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

My skills have improved, but you will not be compensated fairly based on your work ethic.

Current Employee - Quality Control Technician I in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Quality Control Technician I in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

There's job stability as this company if you do your job and you're not stupid and you don't mess up. Management does treat employees with respect, which is a plus, but they just aren't involved with the work being done on the floor... and they get compensated well! It's ludicrous. Bottom employees work well, only a small margin though. Most are idiots.

Cons

Management often doesn't communicate well with the employees that are doing the real work and can make the important decisions; poor department communication; lazy employees that do not suffer any repercussions from management because management isn't involved; poor salaries.

Better communication and involvement is needed on management's part. Often it seems the lowest paid employees do the most work and are the most competent. Managers get to high levels purely based off of time spent with the company, not the ability to improve the company, generate revenue, build customers, or use cost-cutting methods. Extremely poor communication and a lack of involvement, absolutely no hands-on work done by the managers. Even poor e-mailing response I've experienced.

reviews filtered by

This company is so much worse than Thermo Electron was..so sad!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

Good people and products. Good vacation and holidays. The benefits are OK, not great. R&D, engineeering, production and sales good. Marketing needs help.

Cons

Worst HR dept I have seen. PMD process is absolutely terrible. MBA everyone!, Real bad ex GE managers took over a once good company.Only top people get stock options so Casper can get 33M. Avoid this place please.

2. status quo for the most part

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

Thermo is dedicated to my development

Cons

They have difficulty differentiating leaders from stragglers

keep good talent and worry less about the poor performers' reactions to those actions

There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific