Thermo Fisher Scientific

careersat.thermofisher.com

My skills have improved, but you will not be compensated fairly based on your work ethic.

Quality Control Technician I (Current Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsThere's job stability as this company if you do your job and you're not stupid and you don't mess up. Management does treat employees with respect, which is a plus, but they just aren't involved with the work being done on the floor... and they get compensated well! It's ludicrous. Bottom employees work well, only a small margin though. Most are idiots.

ConsManagement often doesn't communicate well with the employees that are doing the real work and can make the important decisions; poor department communication; lazy employees that do not suffer any repercussions from management because management isn't involved; poor salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication and involvement is needed on management's part. Often it seems the lowest paid employees do the most work and are the most competent. Managers get to high levels purely based off of time spent with the company, not the ability to improve the company, generate revenue, build customers, or use cost-cutting methods. Extremely poor communication and a lack of involvement, absolutely no hands-on work done by the managers. Even poor e-mailing response I've experienced.

A great place to work. Small site though that confines promotional opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Logan, UT

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros: Flexible schedule. Good training Great People Cons: Minimal opportunities that can stall career advancement Advice to Senior Management: There has been work put forth to show what needs to be done to advance one's career, now… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

great people, no leadership

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Franklin, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros: Great minds to work with in R/D. A chance… Cons: Leadership is poor. Lack of vision. High level positions given and… Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within. Lead by example. Listen to your engineers.… More

There are newer reviews on Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Worked for Thermo Fisher Scientific? Contribute to the Community!