They just don't care!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

Benefits! Close to home, not having to stand in the soup line

Cons

It seems that in order to excell it is all in who you know. The way to get to the top is to kiss your way up. There are people who work their butt off and do not get recognized for what they do and all they have to offer. Upper management is driving us to the ground. There is no communication. We know what is goin down but the think that faking the numbers or having these great Town hall meetings really mean something when they are all lies. Upper management say that we need to save money, that expenses need to be reduced... Why is it that the travel back and forth to Germny is over the top. That the people that go do not need to. Did they ever hear of video cam. Everyone is a manager in that division except for a very few. To top heavy! Management travels home or on vacation but says it is business. That is an expense. They go out to dinner, lunch. That is an expense. Management drinks on site. There are certain groups that get away with murder. They can do but the others can not. They do understand when we need a day off and we have to take a pto day. Must be nice when they can work from home. I would love to mow my lawn without taking a day off. They need to understand that the little people are who do all the work that makes the upper manager look good. Without us there would not be a company.

Advice to Management

If you do not look at this division and the people that are in it...we will be headed in the toilet. The lower employees are the ones that will suffer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company...never quite enough people to do the job.

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

Thermo Fisher Scientific is a progressive, pay-for performance company that is sensitive to the needs of its customers. Customer satisfaction and loyalty are centric to the company's philosophy.

Cons

Employees are spread too thin; processes are complicated and too many departments are involved in the simplest of transactions.

Advice to Management

Follow processes all the way from the beginning to the end; spend more time with customer-facing employees to understand what should be simplified.

Inadequate training, incompetent management made for a stressful experience

Current Employee - International Customer Service in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - International Customer Service in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

Close to home, pay was decent

Cons

complete lack of training, management was clueless as to training new employees yet you were expected to be proficient at your job immediately. I spent a month of futility and then was let go without anyone even telling me they were unhappy with me. Never been treated so unprofessionally in my life.

Advice to Management

Train your management team. Adopt an actual training policy for new hires, you cant just have them roam around and sit randomly with whoever is free. You should also periodically meet with your new employees for direction and feedback.