Thermo Fisher Scientific

careersat.thermofisher.com
  careersat.thermofisher.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

definitely an experience I needed to have

Current Employee - Research Sales Intern  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Research Sales Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

The sales reps I worked for are great people. It started out rough, but they actually care about how I'm doing and they did a wonderful job of mentoring me.

Cons

Definitely not very many opportunities available after my internship.

509 Other Employee Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific (View Most Recent)

Stay away

Former Employee - GLDP  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - GLDP in Waltham, MA

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

*work life balance in some roles
    *One of the best pay for HR folks. HR is the most powerful function in this company. They benchmark their salaries to highest levels of industry.
    *Job stability. If you are not ambitious, you can keep doing the same job for 20 years. They wont fire you.
    * No up or out policy. No forced curve fitting.

Cons

*Poor pay for internal promotions and level if you are below director level.
    *Prefers to hire external candidates at higher pay than promote capable internal candidates with similar raises.
    *Very Frugal employer- Corporate office is pathetic; Pittsburgh office is newly built and represents the legacy of Fisher Scientific.

Senior Management is Clueless

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros

The people in the facility (most) were exceptional to work with.
    Benefits are in line with other companies, 401K and Medical.

Cons

Senior management is completely clueless on how to run the business, nobody has any experience in the products it sells and services. They are two kronies from a previous senior manager who no longer works there.
    Promises of good salary increases are spoken...but when it comes PMD time, the increases are usually a maximum of 2% (if you're lucky).
    It's all about meeting and/or exceeding the numbers and they don't care how it's acheived. If you fall short good people who actually work, lose jobs, and the butt kissers seem to remain.
    It's not what you know, it's who you know in there. Nothing like it was when it was a privately owned company when the owners listened and took care of their people.

Listen to the people when they bring up concerns, stop pretending you care.
    Stop making promises and not following through.
    If you think someone is worth giving a raise to, then don't wait until they give their notice to dangle a hefty raise in front of them...reward them while they are still employed so you retain good experience.
    Management in Wilmington (especially Service) runs the place poorly...it's successful because of the employees, not the management team who always take the credit, very unfortunate for the workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Worked for Thermo Fisher Scientific? Contribute to the Community!