Employee of CCG, Healthcare Division

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team atmosphere, strong expectations with good support systems. Management is always benchmarking and auditing to improve the available tools. The division maintains great relations with vendors, marketing and sales have good relations. Happens to be a great stock purchase right now. IDN adn GPO team do a great job with contracting.

Cons

Competing with own sisiter division wastes time. Company strategy is to have multiple reps in an account that compete. The statement is that there are boundries, however it is not reality. Lot of wasted time. Customer contact software for this division is un usable.

Advice to Management

Understand that when it comes to DSI and other focus programs, they waste time with the double and triple of recording of activities that are happening anyway. Most people are just playing along so that you call the programs a success by packaging what is already happening. Try to get closer to our customers, get us a better CSR, understand that your field reps are making the sales happen and lastely, get the major vendor catalogues on our ipads.

Other Employee Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

this company is the worst!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay is ok....thats it! N ow they want to take our cars away and have us pay 47C mile...............

Cons

Management is a bunch of bozos! They have not a clue. They decimated the sales force and marketing too! 33% of sales force left within 3 months and management did not care until sales dropped by 11%! HELLO jerks! WHY DID YOU RUIN A GOOD COMPANY!

Advice to Management

Go ahead and think you are doing well.......please do us a favor and get fired!

A Great Place for those without Ambition!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific (More than 10 years)

Pros

401K match is decent, if you keep your head down you could retire here, if you have limited intelligence - you may go far in upper management, flexible work schedules

Cons

On the HR side - non-competitive pay & benefits; no sick days; lousy vacation benefits for veteran employees, generally second class benefits. Meager pay increases after record financial results for the rank & file while upper management breathes the rarefied air of bonuses and large raises. They do not give out stock options unless you went to school with Marc Casper (the most overpaid CEO in the country). It is a small tight group of people that are doing well in this company with the scraps going to the rest of us. Technology is bought and not developed. They buy a company, squeeze out the people that built that company, and then start laying people off as the revenue drops. They hire people in the same week they lay people off for "financial reasons" so you know they are age discrminating. I have seen them treat 20 year management employees as poorly as temporary hourly employees - there is no employee loyalty! Morale is terrible so they do things like give away cookies in the cafeteria. There is no path for advancement. There is NO leadership. There is even little concern as people vote with their feet and revenue plummets! As others have mentioned, it's all about ho you know in this highly political environment. Dilbert wouldn't work here!

Advice to Management

Buy one of Joseph Juran's books on Quality management, read it, and heed it's advice! Companies are built by people, not formulas. If you keep treating your employees like crap while shipping all of the work to China, you will have a wonderful Chinese company someday!