Thermo Fisher Scientific

careersat.thermofisher.com

Huge company built up through acquisitions

Product Manager (Former Employee)

ProsMany internal job opportunities in many parts of the world; some good corporate-wide resources; reasonable compensation and benefits.

ConsHuge size of company makes communication challenging, interferes with sense of team. Bureaucracy is annoying for people used to working in smaller companies. Immediate brainwashing & rebranding of acquired companies leaves employees feeling devalued. Overweighting of product portfolio in one high-capital business area (Mass Spectrometry) makes company vulnerable to competition and to fluctuations in MS markets.

Advice to Senior ManagementEfforts being made to improve communications between employees have been good moves, but must be kept up constantly to keep everyone working together. Need to provide real incentives for employees to work together across divisions. Disappointing that web site is still so outdated and hard to use after such big investments in it -- reflects badly on company.

Software Intern

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific

Pros: Nice. Good learning and hands-on experience to chemical instruments Cons: most of the people here are very "seniors", lack of… More

They have allowed me to broaden my skillset.

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: My coworkers and most managers have been extremely easy to… Cons: Not enough employees to get the job done. Salary… Advice to Senior Management: Practice what you preach. And do what you say… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Thermo Fisher Scientific.

Worked for Thermo Fisher Scientific? Contribute to the Community!