Thermo Fisher Scientific

There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous
Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Bonus each year is good, PTO is very reasonable as well

Cons

A bit like high school. When colleagues don't like you and are in with upper management you're screwed.

Stop playing favorites!

Thermo Fisher Scientific Response

Aug 19, 2014

Thank you for your review. We like hearing comments such as yours to then make the right steps for employees.

615 Other Employee Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific (View Most Recent)

Fantastic Company, great products

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Each person has the ability to advance through their handwork and determination.

Cons

Can be a bid of an "old boy" network.

Thermo Fisher Scientific Response

Aug 19, 2014

Thank you for your review. We're grateful to hear employee sentiment and we appreciate your comments.

Welcome to the Dollar Store of Science

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good rank and file coworkers.

Cons

Company behaves as if it's a small start up with zero cohesion across business units. Each division pretty much does it's own thing. There no real centralization of processes or policies. It's the most disjointed hot mess I've ever seen. In addition, in my entire working career I've never seen a science based company so totally unwilling to invest in infrastructure or R&D. The site I worked at I quickly found out they let a roof leak persist for 5 years so that when it would rain, staff would have to cover equipment and couldn't work in that lab space. 5 YEARS they let this happen before finally fixing the roof. The areas they call "labs" are also a joke. It's something you'd expect from a poorly funded academic lab, not a multi-national global company.

They also overtax staff, they are fond of heaping 2-3 people's worth of responsibilities onto one person and only pay you really about 2/3 the salary of one of those jobs. After seeing behind the curtain, I'll never look at Thermo or Fisher products the same way again.

You need to start investing in infrastructure and research if you want to innovate, attract and keep top talent. Stop acting like this company is a small start up. There needs to be consistent structure for a company of this size. This place was an utter joke and it doesn't take new employees long to figure how much of a joke this company is. I figured it out and got the hell out after just a few months as the issues here are just monumental and institutional. I feel sorry for any company acquired by Thermo Fisher.

There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific