Thermo Fisher Scientific

There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific

"Inexperienced Management"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist
Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist

I have been working at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Major company growth within the organization and industry

Cons

- Inexperienced Leadership
- Corporate Politics

Depending on what level you are at, it can be great, but not every level (BU/Division/Corporate) has experience as to what the Sites actually do. Misguiding because they dont really understand business units.

567 Other Employee Reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific (View Most Recent)

Very rewarding and educational

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dubuque, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dubuque, IA

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Supportive structure; vast advancement opportunities; lucrative pay scale; great purpose

Cons

Always something to learn; on going training; job is structured around working with several departments

Important to continue to develop successful, dedicated employees so that they continue to focus on the company

Thermo Fisher Scientific Response

Aug 19, 2014

Thanks for your comments. We're interested in hearing employee's pros and cons-- your review will help us create the best workplace we can.

Welcome to the Dollar Store of Science

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Thermo Fisher Scientific full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good rank and file coworkers.

Cons

Company behaves as if it's a small start up with zero cohesion across business units. Each division pretty much does it's own thing. There no real centralization of processes or policies. It's the most disjointed hot mess I've ever seen. In addition, in my entire working career I've never seen a science based company so totally unwilling to invest in infrastructure or R&D. The site I worked at I quickly found out they let a roof leak persist for 5 years so that when it would rain, staff would have to cover equipment and couldn't work in that lab space. 5 YEARS they let this happen before finally fixing the roof. The areas they call "labs" are also a joke. It's something you'd expect from a poorly funded academic lab, not a multi-national global company.

They also overtax staff, they are fond of heaping 2-3 people's worth of responsibilities onto one person and only pay you really about 2/3 the salary of one of those jobs. After seeing behind the curtain, I'll never look at Thermo or Fisher products the same way again.

You need to start investing in infrastructure and research if you want to innovate, attract and keep top talent. Stop acting like this company is a small start up. There needs to be consistent structure for a company of this size. This place was an utter joke and it doesn't take new employees long to figure how much of a joke this company is. I figured it out and got the hell out after just a few months as the issues here are just monumental and institutional. I feel sorry for any company acquired by Thermo Fisher.

There are newer employer reviews for Thermo Fisher Scientific