Thermopylae Sciences & Technology

www.t-sciences.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Thermopylae Sciences & Technology

One of the best places I've ever worked

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm a software developer, and my work at TST has been both challenging and enjoyable. I work remotely, so I can't speak to how everything works at the primary office, but I know that as a developer, I feel like I'm important and valued whenever I interact with any of my coworkers.

The projects are interesting and intense, and management does a great job interfacing with customers so that those of us doing the technical work have a good picture of what needs to be accomplished and when.

Cons

It can feel like the people who's job it is to interface with customers can be a bit overworked -- like it's difficult to get ahold of Project Managers sometimes because they seem to be running six different projects at once, which can make scheduling meetings or getting customer feedback difficult at times.

reviews filtered by

Jumping with no reserve.

I worked at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology full-time

Pros

The technology, the whole technology, and nothing but the technology. Anybody doing Android and iOS coupled with pre-release access to Google toys would fall into a PRO bucket.

Cons

Leadership, management, and progress without a compass. Seems the 'light bulb over the head' just-in-time philosophy rules the day.

Advice to Management

You can Google some of your staff all of the time and you can Google all of your staff some of the time, but you cannot Google all of your staff all of the time.

Find_your_own_identity and own it.

Divide and conquer the in-house fifedoms of self-preservation by those who do not have C?O in front of their name.

Flying by the seat of their pants

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Thermopylae Sciences & Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Environment wise TST has been a wonderful place to work. There are a lot of intelligent, funny, and genuinely caring people. Work hours are very flexible, you can leave early and work from home as needed. The important part is that the work is getting done. There are plenty of work related events and happy hours.

The technology is interesting but still mostly sitting at untapped potential. Doing well at your job will quickly propel you into a leadership role.

Cons

TST is not for the new graduate. The pay is lower then most companies to the point where it is borderline insulting. There is a lot that the company need to do in terms of mentorship. If you are not a self starter you should stay away! A lot of the work will have you learning different technologies and exploring mostly undocumented code bases. Disorganization inside of the company can lead to awkward and frustrating exchanges with management and customers.

Advice to Management

Setup mentorship programs and define project roadmaps. Stop over committing to project sinkholes. Bring in more technical savvy people and listen to their recommendation. Cut the fat by getting rid of employees that are not pulling their weight. Stop letting customer dictate your products.

There are newer employer reviews for Thermopylae Sciences & Technology