ThinkGeek

www.thinkgeek.com

Shell of a once-great company

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsVery cool co-workers (at least until the company laid off its founders and most of the original staff). There is still some remnant of a once-great geek culture, but it fades by the day.

ConsThinkGeek has a bad habit of hiring people, then laying them off a few months later for no apparent reason. They do this every year, year after year, in positions from top to bottom - you have been warned. It's a dotcom business, so expect to be connected 24-7 - it's more of a lifestyle than a job, which for the right person will not be a con but for normal people it can be a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about the bottom line and start worrying about the people and products. Geeks will not stay with you after your transition to corporate shill.

Wow, are these people weird. Nice, but weird.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

I worked at ThinkGeek full-time for more than a year

Pros: Talented people, super friendly, remarkably accepting. Cons: Management was the worst I've ever seen, hands down. I understand that that person has moved on now, though, so the situation might… Advice to Senior Management: Sell higher quality merchandise. People might buy some cheap thing from you, but… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Seasonal job, great place to work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

I worked at ThinkGeek as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great coworkers, casual environment, lots of perks Cons: It was a seasonal position Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on ThinkGeek.

Worked for ThinkGeek? Contribute to the Community!