There are newer employer reviews for Third Wave Technologies

Great facilities, poor management

Current Employee - Associate Scientist  in  Madison, WI
Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Madison, WI

I have been working at Third Wave Technologies

Pros

Impressive benefits package- great health insurance, lots of vacation, 401K matching. If you are on the business side, this is probably a great place to be. The building, which I believe they still own some portion of, is very impressive and you cannot beat the location in research park. Plentiful parking. Lots of new and very functional lab equipment.

Cons

They have a corporate policy against giving recommendations beyond the simple "I would hire this person again". This makes it tremendously difficult to obtain the next position. The management changed every year or two for the first ten years leaving a track record of half finished projects and bad data management. There is no possibility of advancement for people in this company as management teams are recruited en masse from different cities.

Your experience at GE is terribly irrelevant to biotech.

2 Other Employee Reviews for Third Wave Technologies (View Most Recent)

First biotech job, grew as the company grew!

Former Employee - Mfg Tech  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Mfg Tech in Madison, WI

I worked at Third Wave Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people were fun to work with, company gave several impromptu celebrations, ranging from the ability to leave work early for the company sponsored happy hour to getting extra holidays given as we met goals and milestones to launch the HPV product line, which eventually led to the selling of the company to Hologic.

Cons

Long hours, worked by many, but not all. In hindsight, not really too many cons. Miss the people that was our company.

Most overall (sr) management no longer there.

There are newer employer reviews for Third Wave Technologies

Worked for Third Wave Technologies? Contribute to the Community!