There are newer employer reviews for Thismoment

Smart and caring people, fun culture, great benefits!

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thismoment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work at Thismoment because I love the people. I wake up every day excited to go to work and interact with my colleagues. We work hard, but also have fun. Some of my favorite events have been our office olympics, bowling outings, karaoke parties and chili cookoffs. The benefits are awesome too. In addition to 100% company-paid health insurance, we also get 5 weeks of PTO and a holiday shutdown!

Cons

There is a lot of change at the company, but the roadmap seems to be coming together to focus on enterprise software for managing content, with the leadership in place to make big things happen.

Invest in employee growth and development.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Thismoment (View Most Recent)

Educational

I have been working at Thismoment full-time

Pros

Opportunity to grow and build

Cons

Very tight knit group of coworkers

Figure out what everyone is suppose to be doing

Great Colleagues, Interesting Work, Inattentive Management

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thismoment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Probably the best part of the job is the number of smart, kind, and positive colleagues I've worked with. There isn't a single person I don't like.

Also, there are some interesting technical challenges that this company offers. Depending on what kind of engineer you are, typically you'll have a lot of different kinds of projects to work on.

Cons

It's felt in the past like there hasn't always been a clear vision. That's gotten better in recent months, but it still feels like even after all this time, no one knows what our product is going to look like in six months. In fairness, it's way better now than it used to be, and it's getting better.

My other main complaint is that in my experience, even when I've done great work to get something done, I wasn't rewarded with spot bonuses or raises. I've been here for a number of years, and have gotten two raises, both of which I had to ask for.

As of late 2013, is an extremely complicated bonus system which is based on multiple factors, primarily the company's sales numbers. Because everyone is subject to the same formula, it means that in the end, someone who goes above and beyond is not going to get much more than someone of equal seniority who merely did satisfactorily. Last year, we kicked off a summer stock option grant program, but I haven't heard anything about that since.

Always work on articulating your vision, which you've gotten better at.

Pay attention to your people and reward them, not just when they're threatening to quit. If you offer someone a raise when they're about to leave, you're acknowledging that you'll only pay someone what you think they're worth if they threaten to leave. Why shouldn't everyone look for a job elsewhere if that's the case?

There are newer employer reviews for Thismoment