There are newer employer reviews for Thomas C. Wilson

Do you like work for a a bully, being verbally abused everyday, micro managed to the max?

Former Employee - Management in Long Island City, NY
Former Employee - Management in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Thomas C. Wilson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, sympathetic co-workers who have been forced to remain employed here due to tough job market and all privately share their disgust toward the President/Owner. After my experience here I can handle the toughest personality imaginable and has made me stronger and wiser.

Cons

President/owner is a micro manager who is unprofessional, verbally abusive and a bully. Very high turn over at all levels. Employees are forced to believe they are incompetent and should be greatful toward the President that he still employs them.me

reviews filtered by

Learned alot, but very difficult environment

Former Employee - Sales in Lic (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Sales in Lic (Indonesia)

I worked at Thomas C. Wilson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Little training, small group but very cut throat as far as earning various commissions

Cons

Micro Management, fly off the handle President

Advice to Management

This is not brain surgery take a chill

2. Toxic work environment with a verbally abusive owner who micromanages, bullies and lacks management skills.

Current Employee - Office in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Office in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at Thomas C. Wilson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice, up and coming area to work in. Lots of coworkers who are compassionate, caring people who appreciate your work.

Cons

The owner is a bully, verbally abusive and constantly changes his mind. He has created a toxic work environment by micromanaging, snooping and constantly hovering over his employees, disrupting their work and causing anxiety.

Advice to Management

What management?
    Seriously... There is no REAL Human Resources, or higher-level superiors who have any say.
    Ruling through rigid control, negativity, and a climate of anxiety and fear might help to ensure that no one steps out of line – but it also ensures that employees won't bring up new ideas for fear of being attacked and won’t be honest about problems – which will limit what your entire team is able to accomplish.