There are newer employer reviews for Thomas C. Wilson

Do you like work for a a bully, being verbally abused everyday, micro managed to the max?

Former Employee - Management in Long Island City, NY
Former Employee - Management in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Thomas C. Wilson full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly, sympathetic co-workers who have been forced to remain employed here due to tough job market and all privately share their disgust toward the President/Owner. After my experience here I can handle the toughest personality imaginable and has made me stronger and wiser.

Cons

President/owner is a micro manager who is unprofessional, verbally abusive and a bully. Very high turn over at all levels. Employees are forced to believe they are incompetent and should be greatful toward the President that he still employs them.me

3 Other Employee Reviews for Thomas C. Wilson (View Most Recent)

Learned alot, but very difficult environment

Former Employee - Sales in Lic (Indonesia)
    Former Employee - Sales in Lic (Indonesia)

I worked at Thomas C. Wilson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Little training, small group but very cut throat as far as earning various commissions

Cons

Micro Management, fly off the handle President

This is not brain surgery take a chill

Thrown in to handle a top product line without any briefing; Got blamed for things that were done before I was hired.

Former Employee - Engineer in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Long Island City, NY

I worked at Thomas C. Wilson as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

LIC is already a decent location, and it only keeps on improving. Soon all of those industrial-type buildings and structures will be demolished, and as LIC becomes one of NYCs 'downtows', it will be a very nice area to work in. Friendly, compassionate coworkers, who appreciate your work and are willing to offer and accept help. HVAC maintenance turned out to be more exciting and beneficial than expected. Acquired experience is quite valuable for me (engineering/design/prototyping/CAD).

Cons

If i could redefine several words in thesaurus, my first one would be hardship and its definition would read "Thomas C Wilson". Negligence would end up having the same definition as well. The president is very had to understand, read, and converse with. Tends to change his 'final' decision several times a day. Likes to take credit whenever things go as expected or better, but wrecks every single employee when something is wrong. Not knowledgeable and unprofessional. I've learned quite a lot about the company, its president, and past and current employees just by talking to several colleagues who have been with this company for 5+, 10+, and even 20+ years. Feedback was always negative; nobody expected T C Wilson to last more than 3-5 years. First floor machine shop and second floor office space are no where near being in a good condition. Had no heat for a while during the winter, was as cold as outside.

This company need a board, not a know-it-all.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomas C. Wilson