There are newer employer reviews for Thomas Cook

Das langweiligste Praktikum, das ich je hatte Most boring internship I've had

Former Intern - Messehost in Oberursel (Taunus) (Germany)
Former Intern - Messehost in Oberursel (Taunus) (Germany)

I worked at Thomas Cook as an intern (less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Das Arbeitsumfeld bei Thomas Cook ist sehr freundlich und der allgemeine Ruf des Unternehmens ist sehr gut. Mitarbeiter scheinen glücklich mit ihrer Arbeit zu sein.

The working environment at Thomas Cook is very friendly and the general reputation of the company is quite good. Employees seem happy with their jobs.

Cons

Die Arbeitsauslastung variiert erheblich, ich hatte das Pech, dort während eines langsamen Zeitraums zu sein. Aus der Perspektive eines Praktikanten sind die hierarchischen Strukturen sehr verwirrend.

The workload varies dramatically, I had the bad luck to be there during a slow period. From the perspective of an intern, hierarchical structures are very confusing.

Setzen Sie eine klare, einheitliche Kultur und Hierarchie durch.

Enforce clear consistent culture and hierarchy.

reviews filtered by
  1. Very good company

Former Employee - Market Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Market Director in Miami, FL

I worked at Thomas Cook full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful people who show a passion. Dynamic organization that promotes from within where it makes sense. Great external development plan.

Cons

Checks and balances were weak. Subsidiaries not aligned to parent strategy. Salaries were below market averages.

Leverage your core assets and look for partnerships to get you to the next level.

2. I work in the Customer relations complaint department and love every minute of it. Couldn't have asked for a better job.

Current Employee - Customer Realtions Advisor in Falkirk, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Realtions Advisor in Falkirk, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Thomas Cook

Pros

Some of the complaints we receive are brilliant, like people looking for compensation because the weather was not always sunny.

Cons

the only downside i would have is that the pay is not that great for a complaints department. If they put it up it would be so much better.

Thomas Cook is a great company to work for but we need a pay rise soon or every1 will leave for better paid jobs,

There are newer employer reviews for Thomas Cook