There are newer employer reviews for Thomas Edison State College

Very chill place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Trenton, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I have been working at Thomas Edison State College

Pros

The working environment is very relaxed and you are able to work at your own pace. If you do a good job, management doesn't shy away from giving you credit.

Cons

Sometimes the pace is too slow. Projects take forever to finish and you might not see results of something you've worked on for a long time.

Management is great, very friendly. I would recommend to speed things up a bit when you have the necessary manpower.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Thomas Edison State College (View Most Recent)

Unusual Structure for a Public College

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Thomas Edison State College

Pros

Fast-paced environment; innovation is a top priority for senior management. Gratifying to help mature students earn a college degree using a variety of assessment models. Some incredibly outstanding programs.

Cons

Unique opportunity to evaluate and improve course quality and processes (centralized course development and delivery model and no tenured faculty); however, emphasis always seemed to be on generating more revenue to avoid impact of state cutbacks. Distrust among factions (two unions and management) always seemed to bog down innovation.

Spend more time eliciting ideas and feedback both formally and informally. Don't isolate yourselves from those outside direct reporting lines, including non-management employees.

A very good work experience

I worked at Thomas Edison State College

Pros

I worked at TESC for over a year and was satisfied with my experience. The benefits and salary were competitive. I would work there again.

Cons

Main complaint is the location is not in a great area and the building I worked in always seemed to have problems. It was typical of any other college or workplace with politics and bureaucracy, but that's everywhere you go.

Listen more closely to the feedback received from faculty and students. Improvements can be made by paying closer attention to feedback and complaints.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomas Edison State College

Worked for Thomas Edison State College? Contribute to the Community!