There are newer employer reviews for Thomas International

Great place to start a career (or end one) but don't stay too long....!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)

I worked at Thomas International

Pros

A true "Family Firm" if you have the company interests at heart you get looked after. Very mature management style in a culture of fairness and meritocracy.

Cons

A true "Family Firm" change and improvements come very very slowly... there are NO benefits to speak of and due to legacy ( a mixture of self employed and employed fieldsales staff) people often find themselves out of pocket just going to work due to expenses and salaries not being very competitive.

Advice to Management

The employee is your number one customer and sometimes this is forgotten. Give people greater access to learning and development to help them grow the business.

Apr 4, 2014CEO

Thank you for the feedback, Thomas in the last 2 years since your review has improved many of its benefits, including health insurance, pensions, health cash plans, subsidised gym membership ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good starting Job

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Thomas International

Pros

Great product - one of the best assessment tools in the market

Cons

Poor management of branches - business units operate as franchises & some local management is pretty bad. Lacking ethics and support for employees.

Advice to Management

Develop your employees and reward them for a job well done

Apr 5, 2014CEO

As you will see from some of my other posts a lot has changed in the last 3 years so wont repeat what I have said on my other posts. I am not sure from which of the 60 countries we have operations in ... More

My first year at Thomas

Current Employee - Developer in Witney, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Developer in Witney, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thomas lives psychometric assessments. From the moment you are interviewed, and throughout your time with the company, Thomas will use assessments to try to understand you, and help you understand Thomas. A few weeks after I joined, I was given a feedback session on my results. They helped me understand my strengths and weaknesses, and my role within the company. My training with the company was tailored to my personality, and this made it easy to integrate with my team.

What shocked me was how friendly and welcoming everyone was. “Our CEO will be calling you to welcome you to Thomas” I was told on my first day; a call that did happen, but that I missed the first time round unfortunately.

The other thing that shocked me was the talent that Thomas has working for them. Everyone I came across was well suited and skilled at their role, and this meant that I could focus on my responsibilities, knowing that other tasks were in safe hands. It also meant that there is always a competent and skilled individual available should I require assistance.

Thomas also offers skills training to employees that wish to improve on their skill set. These are in the form of both computer delivered courses, and professionally delivered training events. I find my environment is a place where I am encouraged to improve myself, and the people around me are an amazing resource of information and skills. You will also be trained on all Thomas assessments so that you fully understand the company’s products, regardless of your job role.

Cons

As mentioned earlier, Thomas is a place of talent, and as a result it is difficult to stand out from the crowd. The people who are recognised are exceptional, and the overall standard of work is high. However, Thomas provides you with all the resources you need to work at that high standard, and your time at Thomas will be a period of self-improvement as you feed off the talent of your colleagues to become an expert in your field.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the best ideas from the quietest voices don’t get lost in the noise. A fully functional suggestion pipeline, where good ideas from the minority can be promoted by the majority before they are considered by management would ensure that the best ideas with the greatest impact on the business will be seen and considered.

Jun 29, 2015CEO

One of the most fabulous reviews we have ever received, so really glad you felt you wanted to share it with us. As a developer you are part of the most significant part of our business and despite ... More