There are newer employer reviews for Thomas International

Great place to start a career (or end one) but don't stay too long....!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)

I worked at Thomas International

Pros

A true "Family Firm" if you have the company interests at heart you get looked after. Very mature management style in a culture of fairness and meritocracy.

Cons

A true "Family Firm" change and improvements come very very slowly... there are NO benefits to speak of and due to legacy ( a mixture of self employed and employed fieldsales staff) people often find themselves out of pocket just going to work due to expenses and salaries not being very competitive.

The employee is your number one customer and sometimes this is forgotten. Give people greater access to learning and development to help them grow the business.

Apr 4, 2014CEO

Thank you for the feedback, Thomas in the last 2 years since your review has improved many of its benefits, including health insurance, pensions, health cash plans, subsidised gym membership ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. Good starting Job

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Thomas International

Pros

Great product - one of the best assessment tools in the market

Cons

Poor management of branches - business units operate as franchises & some local management is pretty bad. Lacking ethics and support for employees.

Develop your employees and reward them for a job well done

Apr 5, 2014CEO

As you will see from some of my other posts a lot has changed in the last 3 years so wont repeat what I have said on my other posts. I am not sure from which of the 60 countries we have operations in ... More

2. New starter review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of challenges and room to develop. Team Thomas are all very friendly and welcoming and the training has been great. There is certainly a 'family feeling' here and everyone is very supportive.

Cons

I know it's very difficult when a lot of employees are field based, but it would be nice to get the whole company together more and have the opportunity to get to know the field based employees better.

Keep the monthly forums going - it's a great opportunity to share information and keep up to date on changes.

Mar 31, 2015CEO

I'm glad you enjoy the forums as it is designed to help communication and share our challenges. I agree with many of the team being field based, there is a need to bring the teams together so the ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Thomas International