Thomas International

www.thomasinternational.net
  www.thomasinternational.net
There are newer employer reviews for Thomas International

Great place to start a career (or end one) but don't stay too long....!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marlow, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlow, England (UK)

I worked at Thomas International

Pros

A true "Family Firm" if you have the company interests at heart you get looked after. Very mature management style in a culture of fairness and meritocracy.

Cons

A true "Family Firm" change and improvements come very very slowly... there are NO benefits to speak of and due to legacy ( a mixture of self employed and employed fieldsales staff) people often find themselves out of pocket just going to work due to expenses and salaries not being very competitive.

The employee is your number one customer and sometimes this is forgotten. Give people greater access to learning and development to help them grow the business.

Apr 4, 2014CEO

Thank you for the feedback, Thomas in the last 2 years since your review has improved many of its benefits, including health insurance, pensions, health cash plans, subsidised gym membership ... More

24 Other Employee Reviews for Thomas International (View Most Recent)

Good starting Job

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Thomas International

Pros

Great product - one of the best assessment tools in the market

Cons

Poor management of branches - business units operate as franchises & some local management is pretty bad. Lacking ethics and support for employees.

Develop your employees and reward them for a job well done

Apr 5, 2014CEO

As you will see from some of my other posts a lot has changed in the last 3 years so wont repeat what I have said on my other posts. I am not sure from which of the 60 countries we have operations in ... More

A launchpad for my career in an innovative, energised and supportive environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Thomas International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thomas International has a relatively flat structure - senior management, the MD's and CEO are visible, accessible and engaged with the wider business. This in turn is highly motivating, as you know who you're working for, their passion and their vision for the future - it makes you feel part of something bigger.

The training programme is comprehensive, within my first 3 weeks I had been on product training for our core assessments (critical in regards to my role) and have since been on a range of personal development courses (e.g. time management). The HR & internal training team have built a thorough people development programme which involves a 360 feedback process - something I haven't experienced before that is very insightful!

Cons

The business is growing and changing quickly, I have only known the current pace of change but there are parts of the business /some individuals that can provide some resistance. This can slow down progress at times but then again it can help to ground things in reality and highlight potential risks.

Some of the soft benefits are localised to the main Head Office in Marlow for practical reasons, but there tend to be equivalent perks for the other offices.

The company has it's own social culture and the teams regularly socialise outside of work - any support to keep this going will be good for the business! This builds into the work-life balance - we all have busy periods but in general I believe that the company has a healthy respect for people's right to switch off.

My main advice to management would be - stay visible, it might be a bit intangible but having your CEO make you a cup of coffee and thanking you for a recent project adds something to the experience that is hard to beat!

Jul 12, 2014CEO

As CEO I really appreciate your observations on how we are doing, as you say there is a lot going on and its not for the faint hearted. There are the traditionalists who still want to keep things as ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Thomas International

Worked for Thomas International? Contribute to the Community!