There are newer employer reviews for Thomas Nelson

The best place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Senior Editor in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Senior Editor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Thomas Nelson

Pros

The company is very mission-driven. It has clear values that it tries to implement at every level. I love the products and feel proud of what we produce. The people are honestly the best I've ever been around.

Cons

Like many jobs today, there is more work than we can possibly get done. The publishing industry is also struggling in the current economy, though (I think) we are doing pretty well.

Advice to Management

Keep holding the torch high. Walk the talk. Be the inspiration you want us to be. Listen to your employees and to the market.

reviews filtered by
  1. A Wonderful Place to Work

Current Employee - Director of Corporate Communications in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Director of Corporate Communications in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Thomas Nelson

Pros

Commitment to Values - Honoring God, Serving Others, Collaboration, Focus & Discipline and World-Class Talent

Cons

Currently offices are on two campuses and it makes collaboration challenging at times.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job.

2. Excellent place for a career

I worked at Thomas Nelson full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong mission and life changing content/product. Mostly good communication between management and employees. Strong desire to excel and a very good entrepreneurial spirit in place. Dominant Christian publisher as part of HarperCollins...new structure has helped bring a renewed sense of developing a new corporate culture.

Cons

Somewhat difficult market conditions causing stress due to lower than anticipated growth. As clear market leader, internal growth will come slow. Decent pay and benefits help offset stress.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with opportunities and challenges, especially as it relates to long term career goals. Still major work culture stress between former Nelson & Zondervan team members.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomas Nelson