There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

great

Current Employee - Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

commraderie, salary, ability to advance

Cons

pay is not the best

need to evaluate promoting from within

2488 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Great place to get industry experience

Former Employee - Wealth Management Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Wealth Management Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

The pay is competitive to other places in the industry and the hours are great. Definitely a good place to work for someone interested in work/life balance.

Cons

Biggest con is the organizational structure. It was very hard to determine who reported to who at times and where to go for resources. Currently working on simplification - but a lot still needs to be done.

Necessary to break down the current structure and devote more resources to a streamlined organization. Sometimes it is difficult to even understand what certain divisions do.

This is company you want to work for to learn

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer  in  Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer in Eagan, MN

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Very good work atmosphere; Positive attitute; employee treat each other with respect.

Cons

Low pay; Hard to get promoted; Almost no bonuses; Hardly any pay increase.

Please open your eyes and try to realize how much your employees contribute to your success. Try to appreciate not with only words but with pay. Have some nice Holiday parties so that your employees know that you really appreciate their hard work (like you guys used to) instead of cheese and cracker type cheap parties; it doesn’t cost much and raises employee morals. You have already lost a part of your best employees because you thought that everyone is expendable but guess what you lost your employee loyalty. I really enjoyed working for Thomson Reuters when it used to be Thomson West. I put 45-50 hours per week to my job, because I thought my work was important but I feel now I was never properly appreciated. I got 3 promotions in last 6 months after leaving the Thomson Reuters. So, shame on you!

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!