There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Not a bad place to park your career for awhile

Current Employee - Contracts in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Contracts in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

They walk the walk when it comes to putting employees first. They communicate very often and effectively with their employees. Morale is good even during this poor economy. They seem to clean out dead wood employees. I can't say there's anyone here who isn't pulling their weight (except a few salespeople).

Cons

Comparatively low pay. Also sales force seems to run the show which makes it difficult to implement process improvements.

Advice to Management

You really need to have management driving innovation and improvement and not cater to sales whims. We've spent a lot of time and money developing software that streamlines efficiency but because sales refuses to use it - and management won't make them - the rest of us have to suffer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Thomson Reuters is a place to work until you find a "real job"

Current Employee - Equity Market Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Equity Market Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Relaxed work environment...no need to dress fancy, shave, etc. Also the people are very friendly and there are some good benefits such as tickets to games, events, and access to the gym.

Cons

Management has no clue what they are doing, and do not welcome change that could spur growth for the company. I worked long hours, but most work regular hours. Not much training (thrown into the fire) and poor communication from higher ups. I was really disappointed in the direction of the company as it is very old school styled.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and give new project ideas a chance.

You must be part of the team in order to Lead the team!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

It's a large company with many resources when it chooses to use them. Fairly secure job during slow economic times. It's such a conglomerate of disconnected aquired companies that it is somewhat disfunctional. Too many Executives speaking board room eze instead of listening and communicating at all levels of the business.

Cons

Very conservative and slow moving company. This is beneficial in slow economic times but not very innovative. Very large amount of paper pushing and layers of management. Causes extremely slow reaction to market conditions and thus slow to nonexistent response to customers. Good people on staff but too much beauracracy to be of good at customer service.

Advice to Management

Quit sending random mass emails and just walk around and genuinely talk to the staff, build raport and then LISTEN and take ACTION instead of forming another committee.