Thomson Reuters

Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

I feel i have good opportunity for growth. I am rewarded for my efforts through special bonuses (sometimes big - sometimes small) and I feel I am appreciated by my management. I am given many opportunities to learn and grow more.

Cons

Too many people have been with the company for a very long time and are not effective. These people are moved around from position to postiion rather than being let go. They are overpaid and it sends a bad message to those who work harder and receive much less.

Weed out the under performers and grow the next layer of management

2667 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

A good company

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

They are a fair employer and reward those that deserve to be so. The company is on the large side which has its benefits. The company cares about its employees and has done a very good job integrating the two companies.

Cons

Too large of a company. Some people do get overlooked. Working for a public company has its drawbacks as sometimes the company is more focused on its shareholders rather than its employees.

Always keep your employees in mind. Your employees are those that help the company grow. reward those that should be rewarded.

Good, safe place to work.

Current Employee - Client Facing in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Facing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Great brand and respect from customers. Thomson Reuters is a good place to work, but not and overly aggressive environment, so if you want to make money, other companies are better. But, if you need a safe place to work, this would be a good choice.

Cons

Large company with lots of layers. I am one removed from a VP, but very far from the CEO. It could take a long time to climb this corporate ladder and I suspect that if you don't have an MBA from a top ten business school, you probably not possible.

More integration, lets make it easier for clients to buy from us.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters