There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Good company but artificially/overly cutting back b/c of the recession

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Great people. Great Hours. Great brand recognition/ name.

Cons

They are over-reacting to the recession and therefore undervaluing and taking advantage of their employees.

Take a few management courses... you shouldn't promise things you can't deliver... even if they are "unofficial."

2460 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, not happy with my supervisors.

Former Employee - Staff Accountant
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Benefits were fairly good and not too costly. I was happy with variety you could choose from for medical, dental, and 401k benefits.

Cons

I did not have a good experience with my position and my supervisors. Also, when I was interviewing I made sure to specify that I was looking for a position where I had a good work/life balance and was not interested in working much more than 40 hours a week (but I did understand I probably would during month and year end). I was assured they agreed with my needs, however, when I got into the job I was required to work about 50 hours a week.

The position I had needed more of an actual set of job duties, there were times I had to go to others looking for work. Plus, if there is going to be consistent overtime should let people know while interviewing.

Stay away from Inside Sales at Thomson Reuters.

Current Employee - Special Telephone Account Representative  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Special Telephone Account Representative in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

The company has a great name to those who do not work there. It will look great on a resume but it is not a place to work for an entire career. It is possible that the majority of the company is great, however, my part, the inside sales department is less than desirable.

Cons

Managers are promoted based on sales ability rather than management ability. Maybe this is a common problem, however, anyone can see that sales ability and management ability often do not overlap.

Look at your low level managers. Remove those who cannot manage. With a quick look it will be very evident who is there because of salesmanship and those there because they can manage.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!