Thomson Reuters

www.thomsonreuters.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Very thoughtful experience. Working hard to reach the top engineering group

Current Contractor - Senior Network Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
Current Contractor - Senior Network Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good management, good working environment etc...

Cons

Too much daily processes to get stuff done

2832 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Interesting experience, no room for growth

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Eagan, MN
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Eagan, MN

I worked at Thomson Reuters as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Thomson Reuters was my dream company to work for, and I was lucky enough to be selected for an internship at the Eagan facility. With an in-house Subway and Caribou Coffee, and the opportunity to present my ideas to executives and actually have them utilized, this internship was a blast. I learned a lot, met a lot of very smart people, and helped the company at the same time.

Cons

Throughout my internship, it became obvious that there was a very real need for someone to do the job I was doing temporarily. I had some hope that I would be selected to continue doing that job after the internship experience was over. It was not ever considered, due to budget restrictions. Afterward, I applied for multiple positions with the company and completed a very lengthy interview process for one position. I was offered the position and accepted, only to receive a thirty-second call a few hours later saying that the recruiter had made a mistake - they had intended to offer the position to somebody else. Talk about disappointment. I anticipated that the hiring manager would email or send some sort of apology, especially after receiving a very polite message from me stating my disappointment. I was never contacted with an apology or explanation of any kind. I decided that if a company will treat someone that way, it is not worth pursuing employment with. I found a better job shortly after.

If you are going to spend four months training an intern, and you really do need someone to do the job of the intern permanently, don't write off hiring him or her as a permanent employee. Also, never make and rescind a job offer - if you end up doing it, make sure that person knows how sorry you are about the mix-up.

Employees are furious over new benefits

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, flexible work arrangements (depending on your manager)

Cons

Don't plan on reading any more positive comments about the benefits TR offers. They just slashed all their employees health benefits. Basically they are providing major medical coverage. You now have to pay a penalty if your spouse/partner are on the companies plan if they are offered coverage thru their employer. No more copays, you pay the full amount of your medical costs until you hit the high deductibles. It's sad how this company is failing.

Because of Sr. managements inability to grow the business and manage the company effectively, you are now putting more burden on your employees. My advice or question to you--how can you look at yourself in the mirror?

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters