Thomson Reuters
3.2 of 5 2,289 reviews
www.thomsonreuters.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great company if work/life balance is more important than pay or career

London, England (UK)

Pros- great non-monetary benefits (30 days holiday, health care, gym, etc) - although at the expense of compensation
- excellent work/life balance (people pretty much are free to do what they want - most of people are WFH on Fri, the office is eerily empty)
- great culture and support among ex-Reuters folks, people actually want to be your friends and help you

Cons- compensation well below market rates, hence massive churn of talent
- total lack of accountability and responsibility
- poor decision making by senior mgmt, who are ignorant of facts & figures escalated to them and pick up on only what they want to hear (e.g. every year as part of annual survey staff tell them what's is good and bad with the company - management distorts the message every time)

Advice to Senior Managementcompany is bleeding talent and that's the main asset - take some action urgently!
get out from your ivory tower and listen more to what's happening on the ground, you will be surprised how much people know and how much they can bring to the table if only you would allow and listen to them.

best work-life balance

Publishing Specialist (Former Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The work and environment is very friendly and relaxed. The leave… Cons: Not the best pay masters. Promotion cycle is very slow. Advice to Senior Management: Please have incentive plans for Legal Dept. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great environment , but lack of organisation.

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
    Cairo (Egypt)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros: global environment and large resources. Management is close and easy… Cons: Lack of organisation and miss communication due to geographical dispersion. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Thomson Reuters CEO James C. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees.