Thomson Reuters
3.2 of 5 2,284 reviews
www.thomsonreuters.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

If I could change jobs, I would, I swear I would do it tomorrow...

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

ProsThe ability to work from home with relative ease and not much office politics..
Sorry cannot think of anything else. One or two years ago I would have said 'Lower than average pressure, good life / work balance, understanding immediate management' - but none of these apply any longer.

ConsLower than average compensation, benefits slowly being eroded away.
Pressure to work additional hours on the up, unreasonable demands from management to deliver results in shorter and short time-scales - whilst at the same time banging on about improving quality of customer service. LOL!
Having to deliver sub-standard quality products to clients in order to increase revenues.
Constantly having to deal with unprofessional or incompetent colleagues in other teams throughout the organisation and outsourcing partners!

Was has been a great company in Reuters days, became an American blend.

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: still many good colleagues; the work environment is ok, but admin workload gets… Cons: too much short-term shareholder value in focus, strategy sometimes unclear;… Advice to Senior Management: start listening to your employees and give them room to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Senior Market Anallyst in Derivatives

Senior Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Diversified culture, Friendly atmosphere, Short Notice period Cons: Low on salary till mid level Advice to Senior Management: Please raise the salaries as per the market standard and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Thomson Reuters CEO James C. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees.