There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Mundane

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Standard 40 hour work week most of the time.
- Average salary (not sure this is a pro)
- Depending on your group, the ability to work with truly smart and diligent people (most of whom have since moved on to bigger and better things - check out our competitors and start ups eating into our market share)
- Flex commuting depending on your manager (I never took advantage of it)

Cons

- Constant organizational restructuring
- Constant Layoffs
- Slashed benefits for 2013
- Absolutely no guidance for career developement (My manager has tried - Just not a priority for the organization at large). TR often feels more like a JOB than a CAREER
- 60% bonus cut for 2012 while the outgoing CEO collected ~$35MM payday for spearheading an acquisition that caused a $3 Billion dollar write down
- Generally viewed as inferior in content & product compared to most of our competitors. We simply beat them on price. We're like the Wal Mart of financial data services.

I honestly don't know where to start. I think it's a matter of attitude that starts at the top and trickles down.

2460 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Sales career in a company past it's prime

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits. Great products. Great name recognition.

Cons

Sales opportunites in this organizaiton a diminishing at a rapid rate. A very mature market. Customer loyalty has erroded as the desparate grab for more of theri money becomes very evident. Move from books to online has all but been completed and growth has all but stopped. Low priced competitors are becoming more attractive as TR places shareholder return above serving customer. May long term customers are paying more that retail for the plans. New products that are to be the hope of the future ad late to market in a pricing model that will be non sustainable for the long run..
    THey have climbed to the top of the mountain, but are oblivious to the chasm on the other side. Sales mangement has been reduced a bundle of threats, screaming and firing when they don't get what they want. THey have not hit their number in years and it's getting ugly.

Management is awful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Thomson Reuters has some wonderful talent and offers very good benefits.

Cons

Pay is less than competitors. Opportunities are lacking. Company has been in a constant state of "restructuring". Strategic vision is often lost.

Get rid of poor management and promote the talented folks that know your products and customers the best. Seems like the best talent either leaves for better rewards or get shoved out the door.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!