There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Customers and colleagues made it a great experience

Pros

The teams are full of hard working people that give much more than 40 hours to their jobs. Customers are also top notch which makes supporting them an honor.

Cons

Annual increases have been slim to flat for many years, even with great reviews.

Advice to Management

Lots of time is wasted on inadequate internal systems.

Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters

It's a job

Current Employee - Technical Development
    Current Employee - Technical Development

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

--I'm still employed --The base salary is reasonable. --Flexibility on hours and work location

Cons

--Took a salary cut to come work here (more than a few years ago), still not back to old level. --No career path for mid-career technical employees who wish to remain individual contributors. --Little/no opportunity to move within company. Pay close attention to what job you're taking on when you join...chances are, you'll be doing it for quite a while.

Advice to Management

-- Get rid of every single HR "professional" who claims to be doing anything about talent retention. I've been rated either 1 or 2 every single year, and I think I can say that personal circumstance is the *only* reason why I haven't left. Your "talent retention" has done nothing for technical employees other than talk. Your HR policies (especially health care benefit changes for 2013) will do nothing but drive more people out the door. Of course, if that was the goal...good on you, mate. -- It seems like multiple times a week, I get reorganization messages in my email. Newsflash: I have no idea who these people are or what they do, or who the people they are succeeding were, or what THEY did. If you held a gun to my head at this moment and asked me the name of my manager's manager, I couldn't tell you (honestly, I couldn't...no exaggeration). Maybe lose a few layers? -- When it comes to "buy vs. build" decisions, maybe start coming down on the "build" side a bit more often. Yes, you're buying up the competition...but you're not that good at absorbing companies and the net impact is that you create silos.

No Direction but Enough to Pay Your Bills

Current Employee - Support in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Support in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is not super high but should be sufficent to pay your bills. Open concept seating plan - no secrets. Quality of products are great. Brand of company is fantastic.

Cons

HR sucks - there is no real flexible working hours because they dare not overwrite what managers want. Strategy sucks - there is none in fact. You work based on what your superior is feeling. As such, there is re-structuring at least annually. Workload sucks - No manager is doing their real role, they only use their mouths to work. Thus, you being a real worker takes most of the load. Although the pay is good (not great), you should think twice if you are doing 1.5x of a normal working adult.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you know everything when you do not. And stop blaming the workers who tried their best all days trying to resolve problems for you.