Thomson Reuters

www.thomsonreuters.com

A good place to work.

Current Employee - Legal Editorial  in  Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Legal Editorial in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

There is a very friendly atmosphere here where coworkers are supportive of each other and committed to producing a quality product. For such a large company, there seems to be a real committment to ethics and community involvement.

Cons

Salaries are low for the level of expertise required. The benefits, which had been truly excellent, will be reduced in the coming year. And there is a constant "chinese fire drill" of reorganization and moving upper management around that is bewildering.

Other reviews for Thomson Reuters

Markets Division is a mess

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Provides a good balance for work/life. Large company with good benefits and stock purchase offering. City locations are nice. People are good to work wtih.

Cons

Has had so many acquisitions over the years, the company is a 'patch-work' of processes. Management is a mess at every level. Employee morale low. Products are released with critical issues. No commitment to fixing infrastructure. Alot of employees holding onto the processes of their former company that Thomson acquired. Markets Division (Corporate Services) is a sinking ships. No strategic direction, just hanging around waiting to be sold off.

Dissolve the markets division and invest the money elsewhere. Or sell it, which I think they're doing. Morale is low. You need fresh thinkers in there.

Sr. Publishing Specialist

Current Employee - Senior Publisihing Specialist  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Publisihing Specialist in Eagan, MN

Pros

Used to be a great company to work for. My commute is a piece of cake. At least for now we still have free parking. I really have a hard time coming up with anything that's truly positive.

Cons

Just about everything. 5 years without a raise. Ever smaller "bonuses". Fewer paid holidays over the years. Once great benefits are gone. All levels of management are incompetent, with most having been in place for a very long time. Massive turn over in upper management in the past few years with a different vision so employees never know what's happening. Recent major increase in health care benefit costs. Recent change in vacation policy that will cause many good employees to jump ship, including myself. Zero opportunity for advancement, unless you are incompetent. A good / great employee is stuck forever in the lowest level jobs because we keep the company running. I know several excellent technology people looking for a job, and I tell them to RUN away from TR. I have learned in the past month that more than one soon to be retired individuals being laid off just before retirement. What a class act!

Management in general needs to get act together. They need to realize that the bottom of the food chain is why they have jobs. The bottom does all the work to make the company millions, yet we get nothing in return. And you have to realize that we are not stupid. Many of us are just hanging on until something else comes along.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!