There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

great company

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

great company to work for to start out your career

Cons

low pay - not a ton of growth available

Advice to Management

listen to what ppl have to say

reviews filtered by

The best and the worst

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

Thomson Reuters has a lot going for it. Bright people, lots of innovation, and the ability to move quickly and deliver world-class projects.

Cons

It's a chaotic place to work, with a lot of disruption to and dysfunction in upper management since 2011. Sales are off, the market questions the company's viability for the long run, and very significant layoffs have happened since 2010.

Transition to Thomson Reuters

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

TR has a good set of benefits and a very robust HR portal. I would say that the HR department was easily the best aspect of the whole thing. From student reimbursement and a descent vacation package to direct deposit and etc… they provide a complete package.

Cons

As with previous acquisitions, we really never seemed to be part of TR. Our name changed, the transition of domains and phone systems was slow and tedious. And, because we became part of the "greater whole", our individual department contributions became meaningless. Our department was profitable and growing, however, because the over-all business unit had catastrophic sales delivery failure, we suffered from major cut backs along with everyone.

Advice to Management

If a department it too small to really be a factor in the over-all profile of business - just sell the thing. And, get to know the people you just consumed. Good people from small companies that are acquired just get tossed without any evaluation.
    My opinion is that I was managed by a group of spreadsheets. No humans, no objective analysis, just if/then statements.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters