Thomson Reuters

www.thomsonreuters.com
  www.thomsonreuters.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Short and sweet. Great project, bright people.

Former Employee - Client Specialist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Client Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

A lot bright people and great projects.

Cons

There are not enough permanent opportunities.

Retain good talent.

2617 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

The worst of Thomson meets the worst of Reuters

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Eagan, MN

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time

Pros

My immediate colleagues were outstanding. You were pretty much free to come and go and work from home as you please.

Cons

After Thomson bought Reuters, Reuters were then rather curiously put in charge. Almost immediately, the red-tape grew out of hand overnight. You need to raise a ticket to get almost anything done, rather than being able to just pick up the phone and talk it over with someone. When I left, I think I was using about 6 or 7 different ticketing systems. It is crippling and stifling. It kills the ability to get anything done. Ir crushes morale.

Then Thomson were back in charge, and we were soon back on their familiar path of having a round of cost-cutting measures every 6 months. Due to the failings of the flagship product, Eikon, the company seems incapable of generating any organic sales and growth. Millions of Dollars continue to be poured into Eikon, while older profitable parts of the business are starved of resources. No travel. No socializing with colleagues. Ancient equipment. Below-inflation pay rises. It seems incredible that management never had a plan "B". There seem to be active attempts at trying to cover this mess up; e.g. with the annual staff survey being curtailed.

Staff morale is on the floor. You need to get out there and deal with it.

Financial & Risk business is on the decline

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly, dedicated and talented colleagues. Flexibility to work from home once or twice a week.

Cons

Lack of long-term vision for business. Heavy focus on cost cutting. No focus on growth and innovation. Poor health insurance plan.

Scale back product portfolio and sell-off non-core parts of the business. There simply aren't enough people and resources to successful support the current number of products.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters