There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Flexible working conditions but lots of change

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent working conditions in terms of flexible work hours, work from home and even work from different cities.

Cons

Lots of change internally. Hard to form lasting relationships with stakeholders and management team. Even if you do a great job at something it is likely that the people who you did it for wont be hear in a year. Difficult to forge career progression.

2488 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Very rewarding initially but the culture seems to be changing rapidly.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Access to leading edge technology is an attraction for any geek but the truly great aspect of working at Thomson Reuters was the cultural diversity and exposure to activity on a global scale.

Cons

Recent cost-cutting has led to travel restrictions and limited face-face contact between global team members. Managing global resources across many time zones can be extremely burdensome and time consuming. Recent executive management changes have disrupted corporate culture.

Thomson Reuters has given me many, many opportunities to grow and showcase my talents

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have had many opportunities at Thomson Reuters and have always had challenging work. The company has been very stable as well which is great.

Cons

It seems more and more that Thomson Reuters is getting involved in social issues. Some of the issues I agree with and some I don't so my con isn't about that. It just feels like it's got to the tipping point where it is too involved. Also, communications from senior management is often not well thought out and is not well-explained which leads to confusion.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!