There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

See Most Recent

Great working Experience

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 8 years)

Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO

Pros

Room to grow, Flexibility, Responsibility and freedom to work, innovate

Cons

Not many cons to mention here

reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  1. Helpful (2)

    Nothing Great

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

    I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time (More than 3 years)

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO

    Pros

    Work from home - The only advantage here
    No swipe in and swipe outs until now , not sure once they shift to new office in Yemlur
    Laterals are paid - OK but not great

    Cons

    Nepotism at its peak
    Managers pet gets the promotion and hikes and fatter pay checks
    Even if you work hard - nothing gets noticed
    Very hard to get promotions
    About 10 % of salary is variable pay which you may or may not get depending on company performance - two years they never gave this component at all.
    Annual hike is less than 10 % and mostly not dependent on work you did but on how many managers you please
    Never join if your are placed in Financial & Risk (Investors) verticals - most unstable and prone to layoffs every 6 months
    Unwanted importance given to US counterparts, Indians are considered scum
    Unstable you could get laid of with little notice.
    No work life balance
    Attrition at its peak - my team went from 40 to 9 in two years
    Production release cycles scheduled on weekends

    Advice to Management

    Nothing

  2. Helpful (1)

    Good initial training of financial markets - but limited progression and promotion opportunities

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Senior Client Trainer O
    Current Employee - Senior Client Trainer O

    I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    No opinion of CEO
    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    No opinion of CEO

    Pros

    Steep initial learning curve but then plateaus out after 2-3 years max. They pay for exams and hours aren't too long

    Cons

    Lot of dead wood, people not improving and picking up pay for 9-5 , minimum effort. Best performers leave for banks / funds. Average people stay.

    Lot of middle management., quite political.

    Advice to Management

    Get rid of worst 30% and improve pay of remaining 70%

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

See Most Recent

Work at Thomson Reuters? Share Your Experiences

Thomson Reuters

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.