There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Inexperienced Management Makes Work Miserable

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Eagan, MN
Current Employee - Data Analyst in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big company with a lot of opportunity IF you get the right manager. Decent pay and benefits.

Cons

Management is absolutely awful. The complete lack of experience and professionalism makes life miserable. Work-from-home opportunity is simply a trap to overload employees with work (no choice but to bring it home and work 60 hours a week). Additionally this company is extremely cliquey. The culture reminds me a lot of high school.

Seminars on improving managerial, communication, and professional courtesy skills would vastly improve working conditions for all.

2456 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Good place to learn but not grow

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I learned a lot about different aspects of Databases and software development.
    I liked the people I worked with.

Cons

While I was there, the Reuters merger seemed more like just another rock to add to the conglomerate, without any "synergies".
    The multiple acquisitions meant multiple ticketing and tracking systems that made it very hard to collaborate across business units.
    It was difficult to not work at headquarters- it felt like a backwater where I got all news months later than those at 3xSQ in New York.

Start rewarding execution over ideas. Visionaries do very well at TR, but their visions never get completedas you would like because those who execute well are not rewarded or even heeded. Depend less on "yes men."

STAGNANT AT BEST!

Former Employee - ONESOURCE IMPLEMENTATION WORK  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - ONESOURCE IMPLEMENTATION WORK in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

No one has a clue what anyone else is working on at this organization! You can do whatever you want to so lots of flexibility!

Cons

Very CHEAP Organization!!!! Raises and Bonuses DO NOT reflect on individual performance!!! Even worse THERE ARE NO PATHS/GUIDELINES for PROMOTION! Promotions are all based on favoritism no matter how hard you work UNLESS you choose to TRAVEL 70% of the time!

GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS THE BOTTOM LINE AND NOT YOUR PEOPLE!! YOU CANNOT RETAIN TALENTED PEOPLE AND HAVE THEM CARE ABOUT THEIR WORK WITH NO PROMOTIONS AND COMPENSATION BASED ON MERIT AND NOT FAVORITISM!!! PEOPLE DON"T WANT CERTIFICATES AND PATS ON THE BACK FOR HARD WORK!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!