Thomson Reuters

www.thomsonreuters.com

Thomson Reuters - A great place to work, but with room for improvement.

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsThe company has a diverse employee base and the people I work with are intelligent. I enjoy the stimulating conversations I have with my coworkers and the value they add when I work with them. In Minnesota, I believe there is a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. I have seen many people promoted internally in the time I have been with the company.

ConsSome of the managers within the company are slow to change in their way of thinking. If it's been done a certain way in the past, even if it does not make sense given the current setting, certain areas of the business are resistant to change. I see this primarily in the ways the Baby Boomer generation interacts with the growing Gen Y workforce. I feel that Gen Y employees are frustrated with the expectations of Baby Boomer managers with regards to alternative work arrangements (such as telecommuting or flexible work hours) and what the two generations consider to be a good work-life balance in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you value your human capital and would like to build a more loyal workforce with your Gen Y employees, push management thought in the direction managing to achieve results and boost productivity instead of ensuring a certain amount of "face time".

Good Sales Company

Account Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros: Thomson offers good environment for a sales professional with proper balance of compensation, work load and personal life. Management are approachable and competent but… Cons: They are not a technology company but are trying to leverage it in their businesses and do not… Advice to Senior Management: Leverage techology more in gaining competitive edge. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Thomson has challenges but it's still a good place to work.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros: The people are great. I've never worked in a sales environment that was so positive and my teammates are all really helpful. It's… Cons: The company is getting so large so quickly that some of the basic core values are sometimes overlooked. Merging all the smaller companies together… Advice to Senior Management: Your employees drive the company so make sure you give… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!