Thomson Reuters
3.2 of 5 2,289 reviews
www.thomsonreuters.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Thomson Reuters - A great place to work, but with room for improvement.

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Eagan, MN

ProsThe company has a diverse employee base and the people I work with are intelligent. I enjoy the stimulating conversations I have with my coworkers and the value they add when I work with them. In Minnesota, I believe there is a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. I have seen many people promoted internally in the time I have been with the company.

ConsSome of the managers within the company are slow to change in their way of thinking. If it's been done a certain way in the past, even if it does not make sense given the current setting, certain areas of the business are resistant to change. I see this primarily in the ways the Baby Boomer generation interacts with the growing Gen Y workforce. I feel that Gen Y employees are frustrated with the expectations of Baby Boomer managers with regards to alternative work arrangements (such as telecommuting or flexible work hours) and what the two generations consider to be a good work-life balance in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you value your human capital and would like to build a more loyal workforce with your Gen Y employees, push management thought in the direction managing to achieve results and boost productivity instead of ensuring a certain amount of "face time".

The grass isn't always greener.

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros: Higher pay and good benefits. Onsite cafeteria. Vacation time is generous, also get 6 sick… Cons: Work/life balance is not supported; manager is not supportive of taking time off. Micromanaging is the norm. Employees are stuck working on… Advice to Senior Management: Don't expect employees to work 60 hours a week. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Will I be in trouble for speaking up?

Washington, DC

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros: Great compensation and large company Cons: Senior management is somewhat uninspiring Advice to Senior Management: Reward staffers who question your judgment rather than squelching them.… More
There are newer reviews on Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Thomson Reuters CEO James C. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees.