Thomson Reuters

www.thomsonreuters.com

Thomson Reuters - A great place to work, but with room for improvement.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Eagan, MN
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Eagan, MN

Pros

The company has a diverse employee base and the people I work with are intelligent. I enjoy the stimulating conversations I have with my coworkers and the value they add when I work with them. In Minnesota, I believe there is a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. I have seen many people promoted internally in the time I have been with the company.

Cons

Some of the managers within the company are slow to change in their way of thinking. If it's been done a certain way in the past, even if it does not make sense given the current setting, certain areas of the business are resistant to change. I see this primarily in the ways the Baby Boomer generation interacts with the growing Gen Y workforce. I feel that Gen Y employees are frustrated with the expectations of Baby Boomer managers with regards to alternative work arrangements (such as telecommuting or flexible work hours) and what the two generations consider to be a good work-life balance in general.

If you value your human capital and would like to build a more loyal workforce with your Gen Y employees, push management thought in the direction managing to achieve results and boost productivity instead of ensuring a certain amount of "face time".

Other reviews for Thomson Reuters

Good Sales Company

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Thomson offers good environment for a sales professional with proper balance of compensation, work load and personal life. Management are approachable and competent but as with all companies of this size politics do exist but not to the level that it is the focus of the company culture. Opportunities for advancement are good and the turnover in sales is relatively low. Overall a positive sales environment.

Cons

They are not a technology company but are trying to leverage it in their businesses and do not always have the technical expertise to deliver a sound technical product which can lead to customer satisfaction issues.

Leverage techology more in gaining competitive edge.

Thomson has challenges but it's still a good place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

The people are great. I've never worked in a sales environment that was so positive and my teammates are all really helpful. It's not your typical cut-throat sales model where the person sitting next to you is trying to take your deals. Instead they are willing to offer up assistance which is extremely helpful (especially for new hires).
    A healthy work/life balance is strongly encouraged by management which has lead to good morale and people at all levels are treated with fairness and respect. It today’s shaky economy, it's definitely a good place to work and one I would recommend to others.

Cons

The company is getting so large so quickly that some of the basic core values are sometimes overlooked. Merging all the smaller companies together has been extremely bumpy for employees and ever more so for customers. For example, the customer service department is seriously understaffed which makes things difficult for everyone; especially customers.
    The internal communication from Senior Management is decent but the inter-departmental communication definitely needs some improvement. There are times when a simple task takes on a higher degree of difficulty simply because the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. It's a known issue that's the company is working very hard to remedy.

Your employees drive the company so make sure you give them proper direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!