Thomson Reuters is a great place to work and I'm please with my experience here

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Thomson Reuters has great benefits, flexible time off, and a good management team. Our office environment is friendly and team oriented.

Cons

We have some times of year that are very busy and can require pretty substantial overtime. The compensation seems to be on the low end of the spectrum for my field.

I would encourage our management team to reward their top performers with better verbal and monetary rewards. I would also encourage them to invest more resources into training employees so that they are more recognized through relevant accreditation and feel more prepared for their work.

Other Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Don't work here if you want to grow professionally or personally!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Smart people to work with, people who have been around for a very long time.

Cons

No respect for employees, bonus and raises is non existent, Senior management seems to be hell bent on driving the business in to the ground. lack of investment in technology and building skill sets. Zero scope for personal and professional growth.

The Portia group began as a Technology company, I guess management forgot that technology changes and further investment is needed to improve software products.

Politics, Pettiness, and Passive-Aggression

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Good location.
    Decent codebase.
    Fairly advanced Perl programmers in upper management.

Cons

Fairly advanced Perl programmers in upper management. Seriously, do you want that type of cowboy approach to business decisions?
    Technical leadership basically nonexistent. This place could benefit from pair programming methodologies, but it won't.

I'm not a universal advocate of Agile/Scrum methodologies, but you need to adopt this -- quickly -- if you intend to keep expanding your team and its capabilities. No, outsourcing everything to Beijing is not the answer. Your senior programmers whine about it? Tough. They are not effective at conveying what they know to their teams, and the work suffers as a result.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!