There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters is a great place to work and I'm please with my experience here

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Thomson Reuters has great benefits, flexible time off, and a good management team. Our office environment is friendly and team oriented.

Cons

We have some times of year that are very busy and can require pretty substantial overtime. The compensation seems to be on the low end of the spectrum for my field.

I would encourage our management team to reward their top performers with better verbal and monetary rewards. I would also encourage them to invest more resources into training employees so that they are more recognized through relevant accreditation and feel more prepared for their work.

2451 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson Reuters (View Most Recent)

Was a good company until Reuters Acquisition and Reuters Management Team

Current Employee - Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

On the profesional side of the business it has wonderful products to serve both the Legal and Tax and scienece markets.
    Respected brands
    Good middle management teams in place in professional.
    OK benefits
    Good place to learn and grow if you have a few years into your career
    Intellect is very valued
    Core businesses are the back bone of the legal, science and tax professions.

Cons

Was run as a portfilio company, now is trying to centralize due to acquisition of Reuters which is a poorly run mature business. All business decisions and HR policies are driven off what is best for the markets business which was the reuters business which is why you see all the negative comments on pay, benefits, communications and career advancement.
    Very beaucratic, lack of investment in people, strategy changes every six months,
    Profesional makes money and markets and senior management spend it..
    Only consider TR if you only plan on staying for 3 years and then move onto a better run company

I would tell Geoff Beattie and David Thomson to clean house of the Reuters senior management and consider spining off parts of Reuters and organize the company as a portfolio business. Expense at corporate office has increased significantly since 07 and the results do not match the investment. Re- think your HR strategy since you are driving talent out of the organization.

Good place to work with career advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Thomson Reuters is a good place to work. The income opportunity is equal to similar companies in the information provider industry.

Cons

Overall, Thomson Reuters is a conservative company. They choose to rest of core competencies rather than to develop cutting edge products and services for their customers.

There are strong competitors that are smaller and more nimble. Don't rest on your laurels. Also, remember that your employees are who got you to the industry leading position that you currently have. Don't take them for granted.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!