There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Product Specialist in New York, NY
Former Employee - Product Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Great Learning environment, Great support from upper management

Cons

Hard to work with other departments especially the technical teams-They don't want to take ownership of their responsibilities.
Pay is poor compared to other departments and divisions.

reviews filtered by
  1. Thomson Reuters is a great place to work and I'm please with my experience here

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Thomson Reuters has great benefits, flexible time off, and a good management team. Our office environment is friendly and team oriented.

Cons

We have some times of year that are very busy and can require pretty substantial overtime. The compensation seems to be on the low end of the spectrum for my field.

Advice to Management

I would encourage our management team to reward their top performers with better verbal and monetary rewards. I would also encourage them to invest more resources into training employees so that they are more recognized through relevant accreditation and feel more prepared for their work.

Politics, Pettiness, and Passive-Aggression

Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Thomson Reuters

Pros

Good location.
    Decent codebase.
    Fairly advanced Perl programmers in upper management.

Cons

Fairly advanced Perl programmers in upper management. Seriously, do you want that type of cowboy approach to business decisions?
    Technical leadership basically nonexistent. This place could benefit from pair programming methodologies, but it won't.

Advice to Management

I'm not a universal advocate of Agile/Scrum methodologies, but you need to adopt this -- quickly -- if you intend to keep expanding your team and its capabilities. No, outsourcing everything to Beijing is not the answer. Your senior programmers whine about it? Tough. They are not effective at conveying what they know to their teams, and the work suffers as a result.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson Reuters