Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting)
tax.thomsonreuters.com Carrollton, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Worst working experience I had in my life

Product Support Representative (Former Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI

ProsLooks good on a resume, lots of problem solving, if you have to work Saturdays, they have it catered, lots of young people, managers are not overly strict. Potential to make good money if you can get transferred to a new department.

ConsAs an intern, you have to work 60+ hours a week and take non stop calls. It is an incredibly stressful job. There is a lot to learn. You must learn basic tax law, systems, and the tax software. Selection of full time candidates is not based on performance. Workload is not worth the pay. Because the workload is so high, coworkers are much more likely to get a little testy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the best employees! I did an internship at Thomson Tax and accounting, in which I ranked first in overall productivity of over 45 interns. I ranked in the top 3 in total calls taken, calls per hour, and client contact %. I had a perfect customer service rating and was well liked by my coworkers. Despite this I was not selected for a full time position. Instead they hired on individuals who had taken over 1300 less calls than me during the course of the internship and were clearly less knowledgeable. This has happened to other interns as well. Management picks full time employees based primarily who they like the most.

Not a friendly environment with positive attitude

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting)

Pros: There is some flexibility in non-busy season Cons: No coordination between mangers regarding deadlines No respect for new employees Business development plans are hidden from majority of staff, therefore no wide input to make a… Advice to Senior Management: Take in some new fresh blood and encourage better input from… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very nice place to work

Implementation Manager (Current Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life balance Good working environment Cons: Personal Development Need to work upon continuous learning and improvement Advice to Senior Management: Please sponsor additionala training programmes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting).

Worked for Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters (Tax & Accounting) employees.