There are newer employer reviews for Thomson West

This is a 3 year gig...

Former Employee - Territory Sales
Former Employee - Territory Sales

I worked at Thomson West

Pros

- Great comp when you're hitting your numbers
- Top notch products and product recognition
- Lots of outside respect for the company

Cons

- Quotas, miss one year and you're done
- Long work days, weeks, months...etc
- Job security is completely dependent on your territory makeup

Look at each territory individually before you place quota levels. I was told that this would be a 3 year gig when I took the job. After the first two years I couldn't believe that I wouldn't be there forever. However in year 3, I lost territory that was contributing over 30% of my overall sales but was still expected to grow 10%. What sense does that make?

71 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson West (View Most Recent)

I enjoy my work

I have been working at Thomson West

Pros

The company has been profitable thru the recession the last few years. The company has decent health benefits and a good work/life balance.

Cons

Growth opportunities past the manager level is difficult. Salaries can be better.

No real job security

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Thomson West

Pros

-The benefits and working from home is awesome. Traveling a few times a year for sales meeting is nice and the money can be good if you have a good territory. Always investing in new technology.

Cons

There are many cons with workiing at Thomson West right now, primarily job security. On the sales side of things there tend to be corporate restructuring and down sizing at least once a year. The comp plans are constantly changed, and not in a positive direction. The general way to motivate employees right now tends to be through fear with very little positive feedback.

Ask for input from the field in the territory management process and be transparent with the companies plans. if the ship is moving in the wrong direction be able to change directions.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson West