Thomson West

www.thomsonreuters.com
  www.thomsonreuters.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thomson West

I have never left a day at this company unhappy. People treat you with respect.

Current Employee - Manager in Eagan, MN
Current Employee - Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson West

Pros

The people are respectful and motivated. Regular hours and the suburban location. Many in management support taking risks to improve the way we go about our work.

Cons

Pay is average. Some management positions are not posted.

Keep up the communication. Keep an eye on the new generation (Millenials) and how they operate/what motivates them.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Thomson West (View Most Recent)

Run from this place as fast as you can.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Thomson West

Pros

The free coffee in the C building is pretty good.

Cons

Management cares only about the appearance of things and not for real suggestions for improving processes. Promotions and advancement are not based on ability and people magically appear in higher positions when no one else knew that a position was open.
    Compensation and pay raises are too closely tied to an immediate supervisor's personal opinion of an employee. Despite the fact that the reviews are supposed to be objective and based on facts, when managers fail to follow this procedure, there is no recourse.
    I had a rotating array of at least half a dozen people to whom I reported to at any given moment.

Cull the herd of numerous middle managers that contribute nothing to the company other than filling chairs in constant and unnecessary meetings.
    Institute procedures to allow employees to have a voice in the review of management.

A great place to work ... for a while.

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Thomson West

Pros

Industry leader. Decent Compensation. Westlaw is the best product in the market, way better than the competitor Lexis Nexis.

Cons

Career advancement is difficult. You can stay in sales or account management, take a pay cut to go in to management and then wait for years to progress after that.

respect your employees and pay them accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for Thomson West