Thomson West
thomsonreuters.com Eagan, MN 5000+ Employees

Run from this place as fast as you can.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Eagan, MN

I worked at Thomson West

ProsThe free coffee in the C building is pretty good.

ConsManagement cares only about the appearance of things and not for real suggestions for improving processes. Promotions and advancement are not based on ability and people magically appear in higher positions when no one else knew that a position was open.
Compensation and pay raises are too closely tied to an immediate supervisor's personal opinion of an employee. Despite the fact that the reviews are supposed to be objective and based on facts, when managers fail to follow this procedure, there is no recourse.
I had a rotating array of at least half a dozen people to whom I reported to at any given moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCull the herd of numerous middle managers that contribute nothing to the company other than filling chairs in constant and unnecessary meetings.
Institute procedures to allow employees to have a voice in the review of management.

Solid growth, professional atmosphere

Vice President (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Thomson West

Pros: There is career advancement at Thomson West. However, even though the "merger" happened over… Cons: If you are in the Eagan office, then you are in the center of the universe.… Advice to Senior Management: For a large organization, West is fairly nimble and there… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I have never left a day at this company unhappy. People treat you with respect.

Manager (Current Employee)
Eagan, MN

I have been working at Thomson West

Pros: The people are respectful and motivated. Regular hours and the suburban location. … Cons: Pay is average. Some management positions are not posted. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the communication. Keep an eye on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Thomson West.

Worked for Thomson West? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson West reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Thomson West CEO Peter Warwick. All reviews posted anonymously by Thomson West employees.