Thomson West
www.thomsonreuters.com Eagan, MN 5000+ Employees

Short lived time with West due to "restructuring"

(Former Employee)
New York, NY

Pros- As a large company, benefits are better than what you'd get from a smaller company. Vacation/personal time off was generous. If you start with the company in the middle of the year, your time off will be pro-rated.

- (See Con) If you're laid off due to "reorganization", severance is plentiful as well. There's a minimum number of weeks they'll give you even if you've been with the company less than a year.

- Travel to 2 conferences per year (locations have included Orlando, Vegas, San Diego, etc.)

- Flexibility with work schedule/hours

Cons- As a large company, they have yearly "reorganizations". November is the worst month because you don't know if you'll have a job the next year or not. I started with the company in June. In November I found out via conference call that my position was being eliminated nationwide (about 40 of us). At my interview, I stressed how I wanted long-term employment in a position where I could grow. So much for that...

- Takes 4 years with the company before your 401(k) will fully vest.

Advice to Senior Management- Provide better and more consistent feedback to employees. My manager hardly ever worked with me.

Excellent experience selling for the market leader in the legal software and research sales industry.

Field Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Thomson West

Pros: Flexibility of the position has been great, as well as the ability to work from wherever I chose to. Selling the best product in… Cons: For the last 4 years, West has continuously changed comp plans by lower commission and compensation, increasing quotas significantly every year and removing incentives for… Advice to Senior Management: If it isn't broken, why are you trying to fix it? In 2011, upper… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Intern (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Thomson West

Pros: It was nice to work at Thomson West. The environment and people… Cons: Slow-paced work. The group that I worked with didnot have much challenging work. The team… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership at Thomson West is great. I donot have any… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Thomson West.

Worked for Thomson West? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson West reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Thomson West CEO Peter Warwick. All reviews posted anonymously by Thomson West employees.