Thoratec Corp

www.thoratec.com
  www.thoratec.com
There are newer employer reviews for Thoratec Corp

I worked at Thoratec Corp

Pros

Balance between work and life
Good Benefits
Friendly environment

Cons

Low pays
EEO is a bit questionable, when you see a particular group of people getting hired
Biased ethnic grouping, who are loud and use language other than English.This is NOT professional. No action from management or HR

Job Referrals are good, but please pay attention to qualifications rather than employee connections

25 Other Employee Reviews for Thoratec Corp (View Most Recent)

Steady paycheck.

I have been working at Thoratec Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck and they make a good, life-saving product.

Cons

Management is 'old-school' and still in an R&D mode. The best hope for Thoratec is that they are bought out by a larger company with experience in medical device (J&J, Roche, etc..), so that new blood could be brought in on the top layers and really make it a strong medical device manufacturing company in all the areas required in this regulated industry. Without a complete changing of all the executive guard (lets go with Director and above), Thoratec will never reach the heights that it should have already reached 10 years ago.

Work on selling the company.

Good, but some improvement needed

Former Employee - R&D Engineer
    Former Employee - R&D Engineer

I worked at Thoratec Corp

Pros

Incredible work culture, very interesting products, all levels of management more often than not promoted from within, friendly inhabitants (with a few notable exceptions)

Cons

Penny wise pound foolish budget decisions (they wasted at least two weeks of my salary to save a few hundred dollars buying the cheapest possible equipment; eventually I had to go out and buy some of my own).

It's okay to spend a little extra money buying decent equipment, because the amount of time and salary wasted attempting to buy the cheapest junk is at times incredibly frustrating and seemingly a criminal misuse of investor money (yes I know that's not how the accounting is calculated, but budget gimmicks don't hide the monumental waste of time and money, which translate into lost opportunities).

There are newer employer reviews for Thoratec Corp